Post Early: Relaxed mornings at The Postal Museum
The Postal Museum
15-20 Phoenix Place
London WC1X 0DA
£1 per person
Post Early is a relaxed morning event for autistic and neurodiverse people, including families and adults, who would like to visit the museum when it is less crowded and noisy.
The museum will be open exclusively before the busy public opening hours, from 08.00 until 10.00. This is a drop-in event so you may arrive anytime between 08.00 and 10.00.
Visitors will be able to take part in fun workshops, visit Sorted! The Postal Play Space, ride Mail Rail and explore the exhibitions with adjustments and lowered volume levels. The arts and crafts workshop in the Mail Rail event space will continue until 11.00. There will be a quiet space for those who would like a break. The café will be open.
More information about the morning’s activities and timings will be sent out in advance of the Post Early event.
All attendees will need to book a ticket at £1.00 per person. Advance booking is essential. Siblings are welcome to attend and there is no age limit.
- Admission: £1.00 per person. This includes entry to all exhibitions, Sorted! The Postal Play Space, workshops, and a ride on Mail Rail. When the museum opens to the general public at 10.00 you are welcome to stay and continue exploring the museum.
- Booking: Places are limited and must be pre-booked online, or by calling Box Office on 0300 0300 700.
- Mail Rail access: The size and design of the ride carriages and the evacuation procedure means Mail Rail is not suitable for all visitors. Visit our Accessibility page to find out more about the ride restrictions and what to expect to help you decide if riding is suitable for you.
- Travelling to the museum: You can get to the museum by foot, by tube, by train, by bus or by cycling. Visit our website to plan how to get to us.
- Pre-visit information: Find out more about our resources for autistic and neurodiverse people at The Postal Museum, including pre-visit films to help you prepare for your visit.