Youth Groups/Youth Educational Groups
- Availability: For available dates and Mail Rail times, view the online calendar.
- Group size: 8 to 60 people (minimum 8 children) can book visits more than 10 days in advance using the form below. Please note requests sent do not guarantee a booking. We will contact you within one week to offer a provisional booking, or to answer your questions.
- Discounted rates:
- £8.00 per person within the below ratios. Youth groups must adhere to these ratios.
- Any extra adults will fall under the discounted Group Adult rate of £13.50. This includes access to all Exhibitions and a timed ride on Mail Rail.
- The youth group rate is for groups of children aged under 16 with accompanying adults.
- Your booking confirmation email will include a Group Welcome Pack, Receipt and Tickets. You can also download our Youth Group Welcome Pack.
- Tickets are currently on sale up until the end of June 2019. For news about April 2019-2020 bookings onwards join our mailing list at the bottom of this page.
Booking for a school group? Use the schools booking form instead.
You can also book children’s birthday parties in Sorted! and Mail Rail. (For ages 8 and under.)
|FDN (2-5 yrs)||1:3|
|KS1 (5-7 yrs)||1:4|
|KS2 (7-11 yrs)||1:6|
|KS3 (11-14 yrs)||1:10|
Youth Group Booking Request Form
Please note that payment will need to be made within 48 hours of confirming your booking.
Within 48 hours of your booking confirmation, payment must be made over the phone via our Box Office team on 03000 300 700 (select option 2).
Phones are open 10.00 – 17.00, Monday – Saturday.
We do not currently offer an option for catering. The Counter Café on site is open every day from 10.00 to 17.00 and offers a selection of fresh sandwiches, salads and cakes as well as hot and cold drinks. Please note that seating in the café is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
To increase the number of your booking, you can contact the Box Office to amend this. Contact email@example.com or call 03000 300 700. Phones are open 10.00 – 17.00, Monday – Saturday.
Refunds or decreases in tickets are only given in extraordinary situations. Read our ticket terms and conditions for more information. If you are eligible for a refund, please get in touch using our contact form.
You may, subject to availability move the date of your visit. You will be charged an administration fee of £5 per booking for any requested alteration.
Groups that want to visit the exhibitions only, and not ride on the Mail Rail, do not need to make a group booking. You can buy your tickets on the day from the museum ticket desks, and there are no set time slots.
- There are no height or weight restrictions for Mail Rail. However, given the size of the ride we do recommend that concerned visitors review the dimensions of the carriage, which can be found here.
- The Mail Rail ride contains conditions which may be unsuitable for those with physical or mobility issues, small children, claustrophobia, or a pre-existing condition that could be made worse by loud noises, flashing lights or confined spaces.
- Visitors on the ride must to be able to transfer themselves in and out of the carriages without assistance and in the event of an emergency evacuation, they must be able to walk unaided on uneven terrain and in a confined space for approximately 100 meters before climbing 70 steps to the surface.
Sign up to the groups mailing list
Stay updated on news for groups, including available dates, new tours and special offers.