If you are interested in making a group booking, please complete and submit the form below. The Box Office will then contact you via email.
- Group size: 8 to 60 people.
- Availability: Groups can visit the museum on weekdays with a morning or afternoon entry time. We cannot take bookings for weekends, school holidays or public holidays.
- Discounted rates: £13.50 per person for a group visit. This includes access to all Exhibitions and a timed ride on Mail Rail.
- Please note – requests sent do not guarantee a booking.
If there is no availability on your requested date you will need to resubmit the request form with an alternative visit date.
Once your visit date has been approved by the Box Office you will have two weeks to confirm your final group numbers and make payment.
Payment can be made over the phone via our Box Office team on 03000 300 700 (select option 2), Monday-Thursday between the hours of 10.00 and 16.30.
We do not currently offer a option for catering. The Counter Café on site is open everyday from 10.00 to 17.00 and offers a selection of fresh sandwiches, salads and cakes as well as hot and cold drinks.
We can accommodate from 8 to 60 people. Once your booking has been confirmed and paid for, we can accommodate changes in group numbers by no more than a 10% increase/decrease up to 3 days before the visit (to a maximum 60 people in the group).
If you cancel your visit more than 14 days in advance of your visit there will be no charge and you will receive 100% of your money back. Cancellations made 14 to 7 days before the visit incur a 50% charge. Visits cancelled 7 days or less before the visit are charged the full fee.
Groups that do not want to go on the Mail Rail experience and visit the Exhibitions only do not need to make a group booking. You can buy your tickets on the day from the museum ticket desks.
- There are no height or weight restrictions for Mail Rail. However, given the size of the train we do recommend that concerned visitors review the dimensions of the cabin, which can be found here.
- The Mail Rail ride contains conditions which may be unsuitable for those with physical or mobility issues, small children, claustrophobia, or a pre-existing condition that could be made worse by loud noises, flashing lights or confined spaces.
- Visitors on the ride must to be able to transfer themselves in and out of the train without assistance and in the event of an emergency evacuation, they must be able to walk unaided on uneven terrain and in a confined space for approximately 100 meters before climbing 70 steps to the surface.