Booking for a school group? Use the schools booking form.
- Group size: 8 to 60 people can book for visits more than 3 days in advance using the Book Tickets button below.
- If you are having trouble booking, please contact our Box Office team directly by emailing your preferred date, time, and number of visitors, including all relevant information to email@example.com or call us on 03000 300 700 (select option 2). Phones are open 10.00 – 17.00, Monday – Saturday.
- Discounted rates: £13.50 per person for an adult group. This includes access to all Exhibitions and a timed ride on Mail Rail.
- Availability: For dates and Mail Rail times currently available, please view the online calendar when you follow the link below to book tickets.
- Upgrade your visit: Guided tours of the Exhibition are available at an additional price of £10.00 per person. For Curator led tours, an additional price of £17.50 per person applies. Guided tours are subject to availability. If you would like to enquire about adding a Guided Tour to your visit – please contact our Box Office team directly.
Group payments should be made online where immediate payment secures your booking. If you have booked directly through the Box Office – your payment should be taken over the phone.
If you are not ready to make payment and secure your booking, you may do so at any time subject to availability.
We do not currently offer an option for catering. The Counter Café on site is open every day from 10.00 to 17.00 and offers a selection of fresh sandwiches, salads and cakes as well as hot and cold drinks. Please note that seating in the café is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you are increasing your number by at least 8 people you can book again online. If it is less than 8 you can contact the Box Office to amend this. We will only process one additional increase to your booking, any further additional members will need to purchase full price individual tickets.
Refunds or decreases in tickets are only given in extraordinary situations. Read our ticket terms and conditions for more information. If you are eligible for a refund, please get in touch using our contact form.
You may, subject to availability move the date of your visit. You will be charged an administration fee of £5 per booking for any requested alteration.
Groups that want to visit the exhibitions only, and not ride on the Mail Rail, do not need to make a group booking. You can buy your tickets on the day from the museum ticket desks, and there are no set time slots.
- There are no height or weight restrictions for Mail Rail. However, given the size of the ride we do recommend that concerned visitors review the dimensions of the carriage, which can be found here.
- The Mail Rail ride contains conditions which may be unsuitable for those with physical or mobility issues, small children, claustrophobia, or a pre-existing condition that could be made worse by loud noises, flashing lights or confined spaces.
- Visitors on the ride must to be able to transfer themselves in and out of the carriages without assistance and in the event of an emergency evacuation, they must be able to walk unaided on uneven terrain and in a confined space for approximately 100 meters before climbing 70 steps to the surface.
Sign up to the groups mailing list
Stay updated on news for groups, including available dates, new tours and special offers.
Mail Rail ride access
Mail Rail was made to carry mail not people. This means there are some access restrictions and rules that all passengers must follow.Read more
Plan your visit
All the practical stuff you need to know for your visit to London's newest attraction.Read more
An award-winning learning experience for your school.Read more
Unique venue hire
New to Farringdon, The Postal Museum and Mail Rail offers truly unique spaces available for exclusive venue hire.Read more