Maintenance Mail Rail 2018
Mail Rail Site
Planned Mail Rail Maintenance
From 8 – 12 January 2018 Mail Rail will be closed for planned maintenance. As a result of this there will be no public access to our Mail Rail site for 5 days.
- Mail Rail Ride
- Mail Rail depot and Exhibition
- Sorted! Indoor play space for kids aged 0-8
- Mail Rail shop
But there’s good news! The Postal Museum site will still be open. So if you want to visit you’ll be able to enjoy:
- The Postal Museum Exhibition where there will be a daily tour at 14.00.
- Writing Home – Our Temporary exhibition
- The Discovery Room where visitors can access original archive material
- The Counter will be serving their full range of delicious food and drink and The Postal Museum Shop will be open as usual.
Mail Rail Maintenance FAQs
I’ve got tickets for the weekend after. What if the maintenance overruns?
We don’t expect there to be any problems with works overrunning as the maintenance is routine. However, we advise visitors to follow us on Twitter and Facebook where we will let you know if there are any changes to the normal running of the train.
Why is the maintenance happening?
From time to time we’re required to undertake a full service of Mail Rail so we can continue running the ride. We’ve learned a lot in our first four months and feel that the time is now right to do this for the first time.