Audio Described Tour of The Postal Museum
The Postal Museum
15-20 Phoenix Place
London, WC1X 0DA
£3.50 per person
This event is now sold out.
Join us for an audio described tour of The Postal Museum and discover the surprising story of the world’s first social network. Ride Mail Rail and journey back in time with 15 minutes of underground exploration.
This tour is suitable for blind and partially-sighted visitors. The tour is co-delivered by an audio describer and a curator. Light refreshments will be included during the event.
- £3.50 per person.
- Includes entry to all exhibitions, the audio described tour and an optional timed ride on Mail Rail.
- Visitors are welcome to book a space for 1 accompanying companion (included in the admission fee).
This event is now sold out. More 2019 tour dates to be listed on our website soon.
About the Tour
- On arrival please go to The Postal Museum welcome space for 2.30pm. The welcome space is immediately after the main entrance by the café and shop, seating is available.
- The tour will begin at 2.45pm and will last approximately one hour. This will be followed by tea and coffee in the learning space on level 1 (accessed by stairs or lift), before heading to Mail Rail, which is about 80 metres down the road from the main museum.
- Guide and assistance dogs are welcome.
- If you require any other support, or have any other access requirements for this tour, please contact Box Office.
Mail Rail Access
The size and design of the ride carriages and the evacuation procedure means Mail Rail is not suitable for all visitors. Read our Mail Rail Access guidelines to find out more about the ride restrictions and what to expect to help you decide if riding is suitable for you.
Travelling to the museum
The nearest step-free station is King’s Cross St Pancras Station after which there is a 20-minute walk to the museum. Farringdon Station is a 15-minute walk to the museum but does not provide level access. Visit our website to plan how you get to the museum.
Listen to a 10-minute audio descriptive introduction to The Postal Museum and Mail Rail below. This describes the architecture, the museum layout and a brief taste of the exhibitions.