Ride Mail Rail
Take a 15-minute journey under the streets of London.
Descend into the former engineering depot of Mail Rail – the one hundred year old Post Office railway – board a miniature train into the original tunnels.
- See the original and largely unchanged station platforms, deep below Royal Mail’s Mount Pleasant sorting office.
- Take in a theatrical experience that travels back in time to the railway’s lively 1930s heyday.
- See and hear the people who worked on it, experience their lives below ground and glimpse hidden parts of the railway that once kept the mail coursing through London for 22 hours every day.
Letting you make the most out of your visit, our audio guide allows you to explore the galleries in 5 languages.Find out more
Mail Rail Exhibition
Explore the extraordinary stories behind Mail Rail – from conception to resurrection – and the people who made it all possible.Find out more
The Postal Museum Exhibition
From cryptic Victorian Valentine cards to a lion encountered on Salisbury Plain. There’s nothing ordinary about the story of the post.Find out more
Plan your visit
All the practical stuff you need to know for your visit to London's newest attraction.Read more
Sorted! The Postal Play Space
There's sackloads of fun to be had in our indoor play area specially for kids aged 8 and under!Find out more
Ride rules and conditions
We ask all visitors to fully read about Mail Rail ride access restrictions, conditions and rules before booking their tickets.
- Loose articles (including handbags) are not permitted on the ride – All items must be left in the communal cages provided or in a locker.
- Pushchairs and buggies must be left in the buggy park on the ground floor of Mail Rail.
- Emergency evacuation. In the event of an evacuation, guests must be able to walk unaided for a minimum of 100 metres on uneven surfaces with minimal lighting, and up at least 70 steep steps. Guests who do not meet these requirements will be unable to ride.
- May not be suitable for those sensitive to: small spaces, motion, loud noises, flashing lights.
Find out about ride access, rules and conditions in full by visiting our Mail Rail ride access page.Mail Rail accessibility
Not sure if the Mail Rail ride is for you?
A Mail Rail Film is available as an alternative experience for guests who cannot ride.
Need more assistance? Phone us on 0300 0300 700 Monday – Saturday from 10.00 to 17.00 or email email@example.com.