Members contribute to the whole life of The Postal Museum and at the same time receive a range of benefits that include unlimited entry to the museum galleries, rides on Mail Rail, entry into Sorted!, priority booking for events and more. By purchasing a membership, you are agreeing to our Membership Terms & Conditions.
Become a member today or purchase the perfect gift for someone special.
£45 per year
- Unlimited entrance to museum galleries
- Three Mail Rail rides
- Invitations to two museum drinks receptions
- Priority booking for events and tours, including Tunnel Walks
- 10% discount in café and shops
- A membership pack and card
£65 per year
Joint Membership offers all the benefits of the Individual Membership scheme for two adults.
£70 per year
- Unlimited entrance to museum galleries for up to two adults and three children
- One ride for each person on Mail Rail
- Ten tickets to Sorted! The Postal Play Space
- 10% discount in the café and shops
- 10% discount on birthday parties
- A membership pack and card
Join online, visit us at The Postal Museum or telephone the Box Office on 0300 0300 700. Phones are open 10.00 – 17.00, Monday – Saturday.
If you are aged 18 or over, you can buy membership for yourself or someone else.
Membership is valid from the moment you join, and benefits can be used immediately.
- If you joined on site you will receive your membership card and vouchers there and then. The Welcome Host will provide you with tickets to Mail Rail and/or Sorted!
- If you joined online or over the phone you will be emailed your temporary membership card and voucher code for use. A membership pack will then be sent in the post.
- Benefits can be redeemed via the Box Office or online. By typing your benefit voucher code into the box in the Shopping Cart page of the website, you can use your benefits.
Members can visit the museum at any time during opening hours and are requested to queue and present either their membership card or E-ticket.
Members are advised to pre-book Mail Rail and Sorted! and any other events organised by the museum.
Membership can be renewed online, by phone or in person. We will contact you approximately one month before your membership expires to remind you when it is time to renew.
You can upgrade your admission ticket to one of The Postal Museum’s membership schemes.
- Pay the additional amount to upgrade to your chosen membership scheme, whether you purchased the tickets on the Postal Museum website, by phone or in the museum itself.
- Your original admission ticket purchases will be counted as one of the benefits and deducted from your new membership.
- You can only upgrade to membership on the same day your admission ticket is valid for.
- Excludes gift membership and tickets from third party websites.
If you lose your card, you can order a replacement by phoning the Box Office on 0300 0300 700 or emailing email@example.com
Replacement cards can take up to five working days to be dispatched. There is an administrative fee of £5 per card.
Membership can be paid for by cash, credit or debit card or cheque (post only). Cheques should be made payable to ‘Postal Heritage Trust’ for the amount of the membership required, and sent to:
The Postal Museum
15 – 20 Phoenix Place
Please include the membership type (Individual, Joint or Family) on the back, and attach a note of the details of the person wishing to sign up for the membership scheme.
Yes. When you apply for membership please notify the Welcome Host or Box Office staff as soon as possible so that your needs can be accommodated when you visit.
As an Individual or Joint Member, you have priority booking access to our programme of events. Information about these will be sent to you in members’ e-newsletter.
You are required to book in advance for events, Mail Rail and Sorted! online, by phone or in person. Membership benefits are only redeemable on the presentation of a valid membership card and are non-transferable. To book, contact the Box Office on 0300 0300 700 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional event fees may apply, and event tickets are subject to availability. Members do not receive the concession price to the public events programme, unless specifically stated.
You will also be invited to two drinks receptions each year, launching the new temporary exhibitions.
For the drinks reception, individual and joint members will be invited, and must RSVP to secure their place.
Gift membership vouchers are available to purchase online, by phone and in person.
- If you purchase online you will receive the voucher by email which you can gift. The voucher includes instructions on how to redeem
- The voucher will need to be redeemed within 12 months of purchase. Once redeemed the membership is then valid for 12 months
- Gift membership vouchers can only be redeemed against membership products. We are unable to refund any value remaining on the voucher after redemption. You are able to upgrade your gift membership product, but additional charges may apply